Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Let the experiment begin!!!

Well, I finally decided that my gut isn't getting any smaller, and that it's time to take a long hard look at my current diet.

Being 5'10" and 165lbs, I am not overweight at all...yet. I just know that losing 50lbs is an order of magnitude more difficult than nipping the problem in the bud 45lbs before you need to lose 50. Lack of physical activity clearly isn't the problem since I do kickboxing around 3 times a week for one hour at a time, among other things.

My personal position about weight loss is that being dead-set on losing weight is the quickest recipe to failure. Doing things just to lose weight is not fun, and it's pretty damn hard to get any motivation after a while. That means getting fit and staying fit requires finding activities that are both physically demanding and FUN, as well as settling on a diet that is enjoyable without being too fattening. I should be covered in terms of physical activities - now it's time to take a look at the other half of that equation.

I won't lie. I love junk food, I love booze, I love burgers, I love pizza, I love mex food, I love Italian, and pretty much whatever else the dietitians hate. If I have to give up all of the above in favor of salad and tofu like 99% of diet-related sources tell me to, I may as well just put a bullet through my head.

The point of this blog is to record and share my experiences in finding ways to improve my diet without having to become a professional dietitian and ruining the fun of eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment